Hello, . I’m a senior at College and this is a comparative foreign politics class (Pol Science 444). My topic is on human sex trafficking in Nigeria, specifically from Nigeria to European countries.
I wanted to focus on the 2000 U.N Protocol as a “condition” stated in my topic question. This alone will obviously not be enough for a 18 page paper, so some other things you can use is border patrol/tightening, governmental corruption and the affect of NGOs such as the gangs that draft these women/children. That can all be tied into Nigeria’s ineffective government.
My professor is extremely strict about this paper and wants certain things included in the beginning after the Introduction.
1. Discuss why Nigeria’s foreign policy is different from other neighboring nations and how their foreign policy is different from one period in their history from another. (focus on current Nigeria’s sex trafficking)
2. Identify what Nigeria’s national interests are and how their current regime is pursing them. Are there areas of improvement or divergence from the previous regime?
He also wants assigned readings that are relevant to my topic be used to further explain my argument/research. I’ll upload pdf’ to the control panel.
1. Joseph Nye “Soft Power and American Foreign Policy”
2. Robert Anthony Pape “Soft Balancing Against the United States”
3. Randall Schwellet “Bandwagoning for Profit”
ANOTHER THING, HE IS VERY STERN ABOUT THERE BEING A CLEAR “PUZZLE” STATED THROUGHOUT THE PAPER. My puzzle is why the U.S foreign policy towards Nigeria has not stopped or helped decrease human sex trafficking.. why with all the noeliberal influence into Nigeria has this South African country not stopped their trafficking of women and children?
The U.N protocol will serve to answer this “puzzle”
Also, please use only scholarly sources to write this paper because it is a research paper. I have already found the sources and will upload them.
Please only use JSTOR or google scholar (I find JSTOR to be more reliant)
York College website –> current students–> library–> databases and more –> look up JSTOR.
Hope this helps writing 18 pages easier! Thanks so much and have a happy Thanksgiving! 🙂