1. True or False The word genesis literally means, “to create from nothing.”
2. True or False The poetic books of the OT are characterized by
parallelism which means an arrangement of thoughts rather than meter or rhyme.
3. True or False Solomon was Israel’s king who refurbished the temple
built by David.
4. True or False One element of the law’s provisions that is part of the
drama that unfolds in the book of Ruth is that the
gleanings of the fields by the poor.
5. A major event recorded in Genesis 11:1 is:
a. the marriage of Isaac
b. the building of the tower of Babel
c. the call of Moses
d. the institution of the Passover
6. The Law was restated in the book of Deuteronomy because:
a. the original manuscript was lost in the desert
b. a new generation was to receive it
c. the first manuscript was to be kept in the brazen altar
d. all of the above
7. The Period of the Judges was characterized by:
a. a theocracy
b. the rebuilding of the temple
c. a restoration to worship
8. The King of Israel who began the dynasty was:
9. Jeremiah wrote the following Bible book:
a. I Kings
10. The Jewish kingdom was divided after the death of:
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
11. The prophet Daniel was deported into the following country where he served in the administration:
Fill in the Blanks
12. The word Bible came from __________________________________.
14. List three provisions of the Abrahamic Covenant:
15. List three divisions of “the law” as given through Moses at Sinai:
16. The contents of the book of Joshua as suggested in Dr. Gibson’s lecture can be outlined as: _________________ the land, ______________ the land, and ________________ the land.
17. The story of Ruth is a story where Ruth presents her case to claim Boaz as her ______________________.
18. The capital of the Southern Kingdom (Judah) was _____________________.
19. The capital of the Northern Kingdom (Israel) was ______________________.
20. List the two building projects which are narrated in the books of Ezra and Nehemiah:
21. List the three Bible books which were written by Solomon:
22. List in order the four great empires that Daniel envisioned:
_____ Genesis a. Saved the Jews from extermination
_____ Exodus b. Often preach through “object lessons”
_____ Numbers c. One of the spies sent by Moses
_____ Deuteronomy d. Youth taken into Babylon
_____ Joshua e. Ended 430 years of bondage
_____ Judges f. Married an unfaithful wife named Gomer
_____ Esther g. The “Messianic prophet”
_____ Isaiah h. “Every one did their own thing”
_____ Jeremiah i. Joseph sold into slavery
_____ Hosea j. Two military censuses take place
_____ Daniel k. A new generation receives the law.
24. Write a paragraph on each of the two specifically designated cities that were established in the Promised Land. In your paragraph include the purpose for both the cities for the Levites and those set up as ‘cities of refuge’.