MUST have 3 cited resources (one for each point). The essay also needs a Works Cited page in MLA format (was not sure if I should have said it was 5 pages, but the works cited page is not much of a page)
Issue Statement: Children’s learning and communication are in great danger due to the vast amount of time spent on the internet, which is negatively affecting them with challenges and obstacles.
Thesis Statement: The internet has a detrimental effect on a child’s social, academic, and emotional growth.
First Claim: Internet badly impacting children’s social skills
• Not having the appropriate social skills can influence one’s physical interactions, making it hard for a child to make friends.
• A child may not be able to obtain the cleverness to interpret facial expressions and gestures learned through social skills.
Opponent: The internet can improve one’s communication skills.
• Using multimedia communication through the internet can improve a child’s written communication.
Second Claim: A child’s academic can be in jeopardy due to too much internet time.
• Given that the internet contains a variety of false information, a child could begin to believe everything they hear, see, or read on it.
• The internet may confuse a child as they grow up making it hard for them to learn appropriately.
Opponent: Being on the internet can expand one’s awareness of online material.
• A child can learn how to do research as well as learn how to share work.
Third Claim: A child with no limited time on the internet can be seriously affected emotionally.
• A child can gain feelings of loneliness along with depression.
• A child who is too dependent on the internet will become emotionally immature resulting in bullying and temper tantrums.
Opponent: The internet can help uplift a child.
• The internet can be used to defuse any emotional strain that a child may be feeling simply by listening to music or even playing online games.