Your focus for this assignment is to identify a specific HR topic (The Importance of Recruiting) and focus your efforts on:
Illustrating your expertise in HR by identifying opportunities for improvement with the selected topic.
Apply concepts of HRM and explore a practical approach to the real world HRM issue.
Propose improvements or formulate a considered opinion on the HR topic of interest.
Analyze available literature to provide greater understanding of research topics related to the HR topic of interest.
You should have at least 3 paragraphs, 1 full section of your paper, dedicated to recommendations for improvement. Consider this assignment a paper you are delivering to the HR Manager at a company who has asked you for help on the topic.
Analyze the practices of HR in organizations using the concepts of the HR topic of interest.
Analyze the approach of HRM in organizations on the selected HR topic, including the strengths and weaknesses of the current approach in organizations, citing relevant research and theories.
Tables, graphs, and illustrations can help bring out key points.
Remember that these are only the minimum requirements. An “A” paper will achieve a higher level of quality.
Use these sources:
Cascio, W. F. (2016). Managing Human Resources Productivity, Quality of Work Life, Profits. New York, NY: McGraw Hill Education.
Heneman III, H. G., Judge, T. A., & Kammeyer-Muller, J. (2015). Staffing Organizations. New
York: McGraw-Hill education.
* Draft of final paper
Requirements for draft:
• Minimum of 8 pages (please note this is the minimum for a B-).
• APA style
• Recommendations Chapter
• Studies as references
• Tables, charts, and illustrations linked to key points
• Good flow
• Actionable recommendations
• Professional looking paper
• Acceptable similarity score
Annotated Bibliography and Outline due
After completing research on your topic and collecting a substantial number of peer-reviewed articles that give you an accurate understanding of all aspects of your topic, complete your assignment.
There are two parts to this assignment:
1. An outline containing your proposed section headings for your final project and a brief, cited description under each heading summarizing what that heading’s section will contain.
• The outline describes your proposed plan for your final project and should demonstrate that the plan is evidenced-based and well supported.
• The outline should contain succinct descriptions summarizing the proposed content for each section so that your instructor can ascertain the intended flow of your final paper.
• The outline needs to include in-text citations for all references from your references list. Do not include references in your annotated references list that are not also synthesized and cited in-text in the body of the outline.
• An annotated references list of at least 5–7 resources for your paper. An annotated references list includes correct APA citations of resources, as well as a brief summary following each reference citation in the list describing each article and how it will be used in your final paper.
When creating your outline, be sure to:
• Clearly explain the plan for your final project and demonstrate that your direction is well supported and evidenced-based.
• Create headings and subheadings that indicate the sections of your paper.
o These should clearly spell out the direction and flow of your entire paper.
o You need a minimum of five sections with headings, including the references section.
• Describe the type of information and general direction for each section underneath the heading or subheading.
o This description must be evidence-based, and so must include in-text citations.
• Cite peer-reviewed journal articles that support your approach for your plan. Be sure to use correct APA formatting for the in-text citations.
For more information about how to structure an outline, refer to the Developing an Outline guide in the assignment resources.
Annotated References List
When creating your annotated references list, be sure to:
• Include a minimum of 5–7 peer-reviewed journal articles.
o These articles need to be representative of your literature search to date.
o This will not be your comprehensive references list. You will add to it as you continue to develop your final paper.
o Again, any reference present in the annotated reference list must be present in the outline.
• Create an annotation that:
o Summarizes the article.
o Justifies how the reference supports your paper’s topic.
• Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
• APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
• Length: 2–4 double-spaced, typed pages.
• Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.