Final Assignment is a Case Study (8/10 pages, APA required, with appropriate references). This assignment will involve the use of a current case from your field internship.
Please provide an introduction in outline form
Service Context/ Setting
Client(s) Description (Age, Gender, Family Structure, etc)
Length of time working together
Number of Times you have Met
Presenting problem from both of yours and the client’s perspective.
Describe Your Therapeutic Alliance with Your Client
Data that presents the client’s strengths, risk and protective factors
Challenges or Barriers Impacting Treatment
Present a Brief Case Formulation based on an assessment of the client, their situation and their involvement in the change process. Use evidence that informs understanding of need, their capacity to learn, grow, change, with agreed upon priorities (from the client, client system, your assessment and the literature).
What are their goals? Describe how are you are facilitating steps forward in your work together?
Develop a client service plan using this assessment and case formulation. (See .
When constructing your treatment plan, pay particular attention to the reading on treatment planning by Adams and Grieder. Consider whether your goals reflect the person-first approach described in these chapters, and whether your objectives are realistic and measurable (ie, SMART).
Following the example presented by O’Hare, Present the Client Service Plan in the form of a Table as shown below
Assessment & Evaluation Tools
Skills & Strategies Supporting Intervention
1. Discuss the evidence for the choice of intervention that takes into account client
and social network factors, supporting your choice. Use references supporting your
2. Review how your work is culturally responsive. Use references supporting your
3. Assess your work with the client that includes evidence of outcomes. Note that
this should be in line with the assessment and evaluation table presented in the
client service plan. How have you with your client evaluated progress or goal
4. If your work with your client has not concluded, review next steps with this client based on what has worked and what you want to do differently OR if your work has concluded: What was helpful? What would you do differently? What contributes to this review? Reference literature that supports these reflections.
6. What Principles Influence your work?