(1) INTRODUCTION TO CASE STUDY – Introductory paragraph 150-200 words
(2) OUTLINE OF SKILLS AREA
4 Skills have to be chosen by Practitioner (ME) to use in the work practice setting. Two Primary Skills which I have decided to be Primary Skill (1) Communication, Primary Skill (2) Self Awareness. These are Primary Skills which I feel I am good at.
Two Secondary Skills have to be chosen which I have decided to be, Secondary Skill (1) Reflection, Secondary Skills (2) leadership skills, these are skills I feel I need to work on and develop more in my work practice placement
(3) How have these skills been chosen : Longitudinal Approach, Compartmental Approach or Snap Shot Approach (Explanation Will be attached to additional information section. Main point being that Primary and Secondary skills chosen will be worked upon in the work practice placement through these two approaches over time.
(4) Explanation of How Skills will be used strategically in the work placement practice
(5) Settings in which the skills will be used ( Working with and supporting families from lower socioeconomic backgrounds, in group work e.t.c. e.t.c.
(6) How will I evaluate their effects ( Through Longitudinal and Compartmental Skills tools which I have chosen. ( Will be explained in additional materials section.
(7) How do I propose to develop these skills I have chose ( Communication, Awareness, Reflection, Organising. ( Will be understood again through reading additional material section.
BACKGROUND TO AGENCY : TUSLA – Child & Family Agency
(1) Type of practice being carried out in Agency (Agencies website will be attached below to additional materials so can be understood the work they do e.t.c.)
(2) Theoretical Framework from which Agency operates- Attachment theory, social support, resilience, social ecology and social
capital, Reflective Practice, Supervision See Additional Materials folder below and website of organisation which is also in additional materials.
(3) Students role within the Agency (to include limits, boundaries and learning goals (Shadowing & Supporting family support worker)
(4) How the 4 chosen skills will be used in the Agency by the student
(1) Outline of formats – Create Formats One for each skill- (Samples in additional information below but originals have to be created to suit with skill and recording process, similar formats ok but not exact copies of ones below.
(2) Why the student has chosen these formats (Short paragraph on how formats are suited to his skills and way of working)
(3) Highlight where recording will be used and how often
(4) Include plan for using Process recordings (Format for process recordings, samples in additional materials below. Create originals
Outline of theories to be used ( 1.Reflective Practice, 2. Informal Family Support, 3. Existential Humanistic theory
(a) Describe theoretical approaches chosen above
(b) How will practitioner apply theories he is using
(c) How will the Skills chosen link with the Theoretical Perspectives chosen above
(d) How will the practitioner evaluate use of Theory.
Case Study – Additional information.
This is Instructions for Part 1 of Case Study which is to be at least 2000 words and broken into sections as outlined above. I will attach the full Outline/Directions for Case Study in Additional materials below so you have a better understanding of what is required for full Assignment. As mentioned this is only part 1 of the study. Should part 1 be up to standard of course assignment work will be completed by same writer whom has an understanding of Formats / Skills/ Theories which are being used for the study.
4 Format Sheets have to be made up for Skills Recordings- One for each skill, skills being as mentioned above Communication, Self Awareness, Reflection On Practice and Leadership Skills. Sample Skills recordings will be added to Additional materials as sample of what type of Formats can be used. Formats must fit with Skills being used. Furthermore down the line in PART 2 of study there will have to be a connection between the skills and the theories chosen in this PART 1 of Case Study. All of this is explained in Case Study Requirements in additional information below.
Can attatch further material to be used over next couple of days
Cannot Attach Websites to Additional material so link below:
Website – https://www.tusla.ie/