This paper is over security versus liberty in twenty-first century. This is a very broad topic, but it should touch on things like domestic terrorism, global terrorism, threats to our daily lives, homeland security, and the question of how much freedom and privacy we are willing to trade to feel safer. To help you narrow down this broad topic, you can choose to write your paper based off ONE of the following questions
1. Is the global war on terrorism related to criminal justice processes in the United States? If so, how?
2. Has the USA PATRIOT ACT made the U.S. public safer? Why or why not?
3. What is meant by “domestic terrorism,” and is it related in any way to the war on global terrorism? Can you think of or find the names of any organizations that might be classified as “domestic terrorism “groups?
4. Are youth street gangs “domestic terrorists” as you understand this notion? Could they be called this? Why or why not?
5. What are some of the significant legal changes that have occurred as a result of our war on terrorism? Do these changes present threats to the privacy and security of the average citizen of the United States, or are they directed only at international terrorists? How can we know for sure?
6. Is it possible that we will have to surrender some freedoms in order to be safer? Are there any examples already in place that you can think of? And after such surrender, how can we check to see if we really are safer?
No sources are needed, but if you choose to include sources please limit it to three or less. If you choose to write the paper based off one of the questions above, please put the question as the title.