Sandwiching the Negative
How we present a critique of another’s work is important to allowing our colleagues to hear what is said. Starting with a positive comment or two, proceeding to something that might need critical or negative comments, and then ending on something positive allows the other person to better absorb what is presented. This is called the Sandwich Method.
When doing the critique on others, think about using the sandwich method: give positive feedback, kindly offer your critique, and end with positive feedback.
With these thoughts in mind, you will be assigned to critique the EBP paper of a colleague in this course. SEE UPLOADED DOCUMENTS AND Be sure to answer all questions below:
1. A brief overview of what the EBP project covers.
2. Overall positive comment(s) that you identified in the paper.
3. Any critique of the EBP project. Note, this is not about APA format, but grammar and spelling are important components of any EBP paper or project and may be relevant here.
4. A conclusion that addresses the positives of the EBP project and summarizes your impressions.
References must be peer review and 5 years old or less.
TEXTBOOK INFORMATION Title:
1. Teaching in Nursing: A Guide for Faculty Edition: 5th (2015) Author: Billings, Halstead Publisher: Elsevier Science
2. Title: Innovative Teaching Strategies In Nursing And Related Health Professions Edition: 7th (2016) Author: Bradshaw, Hultquist Publisher: Jones & Bartlett
3. Title: Evidence-Based Teaching In Nursing: A Foundation for Educators Edition: 2nd (2014) Author: Cannon, Boswell Publisher: Jones & Bartlett
4. Title: Transition From Clinician To Educator: A Practical Approach Edition: 1st (2016) Author: Fressola, Patterson Publisher: Jones & Bartlett
5. Title: Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) Review Manual Edition: 2nd (2013) Author: Wittman-Price,
Godshall, Wilson Publisher: Springer
6. Title: Educating Nurses: A Call for Radical Transformation Edition: 1st (2009) Author: Benner, Suphen, Leonard,, Day, Shulman Publisher: Wiley
Follow the grading rubric below:
Initial post timeliness Provides an initial post in a timely manner.
Additional comment requirement Posts more than 2 comments per Discussion topic on separate days (resulting in total participation on three different days throughout the discussion). At least two comments include a citation.
Engagement Frequently attempts to motivate the group discussion.
Content Quality Initial Response Answers all questions with opinions/ideas creatively and clearly. Supports post using several outside, peer-reviewed sources.
APA Format No errors with APA format.
Grammar/ Formatting/ Mechanics Consistently uses Standard American English with no misspellings. Appropriate mechanics and formatting.
Length The initial post is at least 275 words. This does not include repeating the DB question or the citations and references.