You will submit a three to four page research paper focusing on a current social problem that is of interest to you.
1. Clearly define the problem.
2. Discuss the different attitudes and views about the problem (as outlined in your research). Include a discussion on how one of the sociological approaches would view this issue: functionist, conflict, or symbolic interactionism.
3. Identify an approach to intervene in this problem taking care not to base your conclusion on your own experiences, emotions or personal values. Your intervention strategy must be based on and supported by the research you have done. You must use at least three sources not including your text.
The Research Paper:
• Must be three to four double-spaced pages and formatted according to APA style as outlined on the “course description” page.
• Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
• Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
• Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
• Must utilize at least three resources (two must be scholarly articles)..
• Must include, on the final page, a Reference List that is completed according to APA style as outlined on the “course information” page.