This APA paper is expected to be no more than four pages in length (not including the title page and reference list).
Below are the requirements for successful completion of this paper.
Please use the recommended APA Template linked below, which incorporates the following categories as the first level headings on your paper. APA formatting helps you to organize your paper in a professional manner and provides consistent methods for citing your sources and completing your reference page.
See the documents in the APA category in Course Resources for assistance with APA formatting. The Student Success Strategies resource has great sections on writing scholarly papers and APA formatting.
1. The setting for this paper must be on Occupational Health Nursing.
2. Click to view and download the NR443 Community Settings APA Template (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. to complete your paper. The template is formatted with the appropriate running head, title page, page numbers, paragraph formatting, and most of the headings. Please edit the headers and title page with your specific information. You are also encouraged to view the Week 4 assignment tutorial found at the end of the Academic Integrity Reminder.
3. Read the chapter of your textbook on the role and take notes based on the outline below.
4. Locate and read at least one scholarly peer-reviewed journal article that is not assigned in the course related to a nurse’s role in health promotion in this setting. Go to the Chamberlain library at http:/library.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Search peer reviewed journals to find a scholarly article on this topic. The article must be less than 10 years old (less than 5 years is best).
5. Thoroughly address the following categories using the APA Template that is provided.
A. Introduction (one paragraph): The introduction should be interesting and capture the reader’s attention.
B. Community Setting (two to three paragraphs)
Use your textbook or an outside scholarly source to address the following subpoints and cite your source.
Describe the community setting.
Describe the population served in this setting.
Discuss three health services provided by nurses in this setting.
You may use your textbook or an outside scholarly source to address these sub-points.
C. Health Promotion Nursing Intervention (two to three paragraphs)
D. Professional Nursing Organization (two paragraphs)
Provide a detailed description of a professional nursing organization that supports nurses in this setting in your own words. Search the text, your article, or the Internet for one professional organization that supports nurses in this setting. If you can’t find an organization specific to this group, search the American Nurses Association website for information on this setting. Cite the organization in the body of the text with (organization name, year), and include a complete reference on the reference page.
Discuss one professional issue that this organization is addressing related to this setting.
E. Summary (one paragraph)
F. Reference Page: The reference page should start on a new page (insert a page break). All references should be cited within the body of the paper as (author or organization, year), and the full reference should be included in APA format on the reference page. A URL link alone is not an adequate reference. See the Chamberlain Guidelines for Professional Writing in the APA Folder in Course Resources for examples of properly formatted references.
• Application: Use Microsoft Word 2010™ or later to create this assignment on the template provided.
• We highly recommend that you used the specific APA paper template for this assignment linked above as the headings are already included.
• Scholarly Writing: APA format is required. Review APA documents Course Resources, and use the free resources of tutor.com for writing tutors.
• Length: This paper is expected to be no more than 4 pages in length (not including the title page and reference list).
• Quotations should be minimal—please paraphrase your sources. A maximum of one quotation should be used for this paper.