Intellectual property law is a major issue facing organizations, and many organizations have been fined significant amounts for violations of intellectual property law. As an information security manager in an IT consulting company, your executive management team is concerned about the potential intellectual property violations in the organization. To address these concerns, they have asked you to develop an intellectual property policy to implement within the organization.
Develop a policy document in which you:
1. Provide an overview of intellectual property law.
2. Describe who the policy applies to.
3. Create policy, standards, and guidelines concerning:
d. Ownership of company material
4. Develop intellectual property violation reporting procedures.
5. Develop intellectual property infringement ramifications.
Use at least four quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. Resources must be academic and current within the last couple of years.
Your written paper must follow these formatting requirements:
1. Your paper should include a cover page.
2. Your paper should be of sufficient length to fully develop your own ideas that address the items called for in the instructions, and not be filled with “filler” information. Write clearly and concisely.
3. The paper should be double-spaced, 12-point font.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Analyze intellectual property laws.
Use technology and information resources to research legal issues in information security.
Write clearly and concisely about information security legal issues and topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.