Please, elaborate the following aspects in the boxes below (max two to three A4 pages) while making use of the information in the MP Handbook.
1. Initial description of Problem situation (Tip: apply journalistic questions to describe the problem/critical situation. Give examples of the researched problem/situation).
2. Initial purpose (Give an answer to the question: What could be done with the results of my research?)
I would like to have an in depth understanding about how the employees are satisfied with the hotel in such globalised workplace.
3. Provisional problem statement (Please note: Formulate an open question)
What is the influence of multicultural workplace on employee’s satisfaction?
4. List possible topics related to the problem that could be discussed in the literature review, and reference (APA referencing standards apply) some relevant sources (e.g. handbooks & research articles)
Rozkwitalska, M., Sułkowski, Ł., & Magala, S. (2017). Intercultural Interactions in the Multicultural Workplace. Gdansk: Springer.
Misra, R. N. (2009). ∑. New Delhi: Discovery Publishing House Pvt. Ltd. .
Barak, M. E. (2011). Managing Diversity: Toward a Globally Inclusive Workplace. Thousand Oaks: SAGE publications.
5. Present initial ideas for your research method (quantitative/ qualitative research, possible instruments, possible participants (guests, employees etc.), and motivate your choices.
Type of research: Quantitative.
Possible instruments: Surveys.
Participants: Employees and interns.
Main reason for choosing quantitative research in this case is because there are over 300 employees and by handing out surveys it will gather needed information in shorter period.
6. Commitment of company (Give an answer to the following questions:
Does the company agree on the research topic? Does the company formulate any possible restrictions in regard to ideas about used research method and / or participants? Does the company agree on the use of databases, internal documents etc.?
Yes, they believe is an interesting topic and they agree and are willing to help me out if needed.
7. Time Planning for the Management Project (Please fill in the MP Schedule attached below; red asterisk indicates mandatory fields)
Chapter 1: Introduction
1.1 Topic description/context
1.1.1 Context and rationale or the study
1.1.2 Problem description
1.1.3 Purpose and relevance of the study
1.2 Literature review
1.3 Conceptual model
1.4 Project definition
Chapter 2: Method
2.1 Choice of design
2.3 Population, sample, sampling method
2.4 Procedure/ data collection
2.5 Data analysis
2.6 Ethical consideration
Background of the study
In these days workplaces have become universal due to increased awareness of the management of diversity and it has extended beyond other demographic features of education, race, and gender Abbasi & Hollman (2000). Several countries across the world are rapidly gaining population hence becoming diverse which has contributed to creativity, and improved problem solving techniques and innovation in boosting the organizations’ effectiveness (Carrel, 2006). Organizations with good diversity in the workplace generate greater market share since they care about the diverse customers. But still, the fact remains that diversity on itself will not improve the performance of any business.
Discrimination at the workplace has spread widely due to its harmfulness nature. Any organizational goals should be focused on eliminating every kind of discrimination in the environment of work and promotes an effective environment which accommodates diversity. It is risky to have a notion that discrimination in the workplace cannot be narrowed to specific individuals but can rather affect any person without necessarily considering their religion, race, gender or sexual and cultural orientation.