Research Paper: For this assignment, you will select one of the broad topics below. You will of course integrate the appropriate chapters in this paper and in addition you will use five empirical studies to support your paper. Your concentration should be on the policies and politics that surround this topic. Due dates for your research paper can be found above.
Possible Topics: Relevant Health Policy and Politic issues to select for written assignment
1. Aging in America
2. Uninsured / Medically Underserved
3. Affordable Care Act
4. Health Professional Shortage
5. Global Health
6. Health Care Reform
7. States and Medicaid Management
8. Technology and Health care
9. Veterans Health Administration
11. Policies that demonstrate public health improvements
12. Use of law as a public health tool
13. Health Cost Sharing
14. Do-it-Yourself Healthcare
15. Balancing Privacy and Convenience
16. Cost-saving innovations
17. Millennial Generation and Health Care
18. High Costs Specialty Drugs
Instructions: These are the instructions to use when writing your research paper.
• The length should be around 2,500 words. See http://www.thelancet.com/lancet/information-for-authors/formatting-guidelines
• The first page should contain your name and the title of your essay.
• Divide your essay into sections and title each section in bold. For an example visit http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/issue/current and go to information for Authors. Their information sheet itself is a good example of selection layout. Of course your essay will have one, not two columns per page.
• Your first paragraph should be a 100-150 word summary of your essay and your last section should be titled “Conclusions”.
• Include at least five empirical references and cite them using APA format.