CASE ASSIGNMENT QUESTIONS:
1. Describe in detail how Electronic Arts (EA) could strengthen its feedforward controls in order to improve performance at the leading edge of this industry.
2. Describe in detail how EA can use concurrent controls to improve the process of game development and sales.
3. Develop some feedback controls that will give EA immediate information on how the company is performing relative to its competitors.
4. Consider the steps in the control process on pp. 165-168. State one performance objective and standard (i.e. step 1), how you would measure EA’s performance in achieving the objective, state how you would compare the results to the standard, and what action you would take if the performance objective is not attained. Apply Figure 9.3 to give you the overview of this process.
1. Naturally length depends on the question, but a rough guideline is there is no set length. Continue to write as long as you have something meaningful to say and stop when you don’t. You can adjust the length to your analysis as long as what you say is relevant and concise.
2. You must submit all assignments / projects using APA format, which includes:
a. 1-inch margins on all sides
b. 12-point Times New Roman font (I will accept Arial, or any ‘business’ class font)
c. Double spacing
d. Indented paragraph style
e. All outside sources – whether quoted, paraphrased, or summarized – must be cited using both in-text citations and a reference page.
f. Word formatted headings are to be used, where appropriate.
g. Page numbers
3. Appropriate parts of a report include:
a. Title Page, including: full name of student submitting the report, name of the assignment / case, date of submission, instructor’s name, course name and section number;
b. Table of Contents;
c. Introduction and Conclusion;
d. Headings and Subheadings throughout the body of the report; and a
e. References page.
4. No point form or “bullet” statements. Use of these kinds of statements can lead a student to abbreviate points which leave out information or leave the reader to interpret what the writer means. Note, use proper paragraph format. No paragraphs that go on forever!