1. Discuss the importance of ethics in the profession of psychology. Additionally, share one ethical dilemma that
you have faced in your professional life (do not include any identifying information) and how you went about
2. The American Psychological Association (APA) has mandated that all psychologists should become culturally
competent. Explain your understanding of this concept and how you might work toward achieving that in your
graduate education and beyond.
3. It has been argued that most mental health illnesses are biopsychosocial in nature. Explain what this means and give
an example of one major mental illness or psychological disorder and how its etiology is biopsychosocial.
4. There are several schools of thought regarding how and why psychotherapy is effective. Share your ideas and beliefs
about how psychotherapy can be “curative”. What are the most salient elements of psychotherapy which make it
effective in treating psychological disorders?
5. Professional psychologists have many interests in addition to counseling and psychotherapy. This includes planning,
conducting, and evaluating scholarly research. Briefly describe a research project that you might consider conducting
as a psychologist. Outline succinctly the research question, the methodology you would use to answer the question,
and how the results could be applied clinically.
Please address one additional topic below