Choose one article from any periodical or journal on one of the following topics:
– The physical changes in adolescents and the impact on their lives
– Eating disorders affecting teenage girls
– Teenage pregnancy and the impact on society
Using the following questions, write a critique of the article from the viewpoint of a scientist seeking the truth.
1. Who is the audience for the article (e.g., parents, teachers, adolescents)?
2. What is the topic of the article? What are some examples of information provided?
3. Does the article emphasize heredity (nature) or environment (nurture)?
4. To which domain of child development does it refer (physical, socioemotional, cognitive)?
5. Does the article rely on scientific findings, expert opinion, or case example?
6. Do the conclusions of the article seem valid?
In a concluding paragraph(s), give your personal evaluation of what was covered in the article, and whether it advances our knowledge and understanding of child development.