Refer once again to Case Study 1, A Not-for-Profit Medical Research Center in Chapter 6 to complete this case exercise.
1. Return to the resource sheet you created in Module 7.
2. Assign costs to each resource in the resource sheet.
3. Return to the resource conflicts identified in your schedule in Module 7 and resolve them using the built-in tools included in Microsoft Project.
4. Make note of the project schedule prior to entering resources, after entering resources, and after resource leveling was undertaken.
5. After entering activities, resources, and costs, go to the report tab and click on “dashboard”. In the dashboard, you will see “Burndown”, “Cost Overview”, “Project Overview”, and “Work Overview”. The cost overview will provide a reasonable example of a project S-Curve that you may use for the purpose of this assignment. Please refer to the tutorial for guidance on how to navigate the report tab and dashboard views.
Submit your Microsoft Project file along with a one-page report describing any issues you faced in carrying out the operations in Microsoft Project as well as your “before and after” observations associated with adding and leveling project resources. Include in your report a snapshot of your final budget curve.