Analyze and research their assigned clinical case study and submit a 3 – 5 page paper about their research to e-campus.
The papers should be written in APA format, using proper punctuation, proper English grammar, appropriate medical or clinical terms and free of spelling errors. The paper should contain 5 components: a cover sheet, overview or introduction, question analysis, conclusion, and references. A separate teamwork evaluation will also be submitted.
• Cover sheet– should contain the names of all group members, title of the clinical case study, date, course name, course number and section.
• Overview – brief description of case information and circumstances that resulted in the medical problem.
• Question analysis – Answer each question completely. Supply rationales for each answer and cite material from case, data and research when applicable.
• Conclusion – in this area students should summarize possible medical exams and/or treatments that could improve the patients’ health. Give your opinion of the case when writing this area.
o Areas to consider
Could this case have been misdiagnosed by conflicting information?
What would you have done differently if placed in charge of this patient in this particular clinical case?
If you were responsible for the outcome, how would you go about treating this case more efficiently?
• References – this area should contain all references used in the case study. References must be written using proper APA format.
• Teamwork Evaluation – Each student will be asked to submit an evaluation that assesses the work of the team members.
Section Point Value Notes
Structure and Appearance 10 – Does your contain a cover pages (Include Title, Member names, Date, and Class)
– Is your paper in scientific (APA) format
– Is your paper neat, tidy and of publishable quality?
– Is it free of spelling, punctuation, grammar and other errors?
– Is proper clinical or scientific language used?
– Are citations used and notated properly?
20 In paragraph format
– Are all components of the overview addressed?
Question Analysis 25 – Are all questions completely answered?
– Did the students provide rationales for each answer?
Conclusions 10 – Did the students determine the medical problem?
– Did the students recommend medical treatment?
References 10 – List all publications or documentation used and/or referred to in the paper.
– Are references in APA format?
Member Contributions 25 – Did each student adequately contribute to the project? Based on teamwork evaluation