This assignment is designed to assess learning outcomes 1 and 3.
1. Critically demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the complex organizational relationships of managing inventory, supply chain risk within modern global business operations and constraints.
2. Critically analyze, recommend and justify the selection of suitable logistics approaches for selected aspects of the global supply and distribution systems of various types of international enterprises
This assignment is an individual assignment.
The globalization of supply chain networks has introduced new challenges to organizations. These include the need to manage risks in the supply chain and the requirement to proactively mitigate theses risks. The case study paper “BUILDING THE RESILIENT SUPPLY CHAIN” Martin Christopher will be reviewed. Using this paper, your knowledge and other publications, critically review the area of supply chain risk management.
Instructions to students
You are required to produce:
1. An overview of supply chain management
2. A critical evaluation of supply chain risks
3. Identification of risk mitigation strategies