Each student will submit a research paper during this course. You will have some flexibility in determining the exact nature of this assignment (ie. the topic). In choosing your topic, the only requirement is that it must pertain to the history of America from its beginnings to 1877.
Your finished paper should:
1) Written in APA format
2) be at least 1,000 words in length
3) contain a formal cover page
4) contain a formal Bibliography (or Reference Page, Works Cited Page, etc.)
5) be submitted through the “Click Here” link provided below as a Microsoft Word or RTF document
6) be free of typographical and/or spelling errors
7) be thoroughly cited and written in clear, standard, grammatically correct English.
* Submissions not meeting these requirements will be penalized.
Due: No later than 11:59 PM November 11, 2018.
*Late papers will be penalized one letter grade per day.
Remember, this is a “research paper,” therefore you need to conduct research on your topic. Of course, this would entail you collecting several different sources and views on your particular topic. After reading and synthesizing the different views, your finished paper should be your own interpretation of your research.
In other words, you will need to truly review more than one or two sources (minimum of three sources) on your topic to properly complete this assignment. In addition, you need to make sure that the majority of your research is conducted through a non-web format (books, periodicals, and journals). Web-based or internet research is ok to provide corroboration, but it should not be the basis of 100% of your research.
Finally, “Wikipedia” is not a reliable or acceptable academic resource and should not be used.